Friday, September 2, 2011

It's Friday night. Here we are...

We all exist in this place, only space divides us. The river flows and the ocean’s roar, leaving me wondering what it all means. You my brother, are just like me. We were created, we have a purpose, and we will die.
Life is made up of random moments, of beauty and circumstance.
You were sitting there staring back at me, questioning everything that you knew about me. That’s the thing about me. I am often lost in this whirlwind of uncertainty that makes me who I am. Just when you think you have me figured out, you realise that you are only just at the beginning.
I am not afraid to be myself and all that goes with that. There is so much beauty in all the random things of this world. You just have to be willing to look for them. You have to be true to yourself or you will live with regret. Regret is a funny thing. It’s kind of a useless emotion. Unless we can use it to make us better people.

You have a crooked smile that try’s with every ounce of your being to hide who you are underneath it all. You are strong, in a way that has long been lost in this world. Your eyes share a story without you even having to open your mouth.
You are awkward in the best kind of way. A way that show’s your innocence and strength.
You are beautiful. You are really something else.
I have watched from afar as you partake on this journey called life. You are a story in itself. You are amazing personified. You have an inner light that shines like the brightest kind of light I have ever seen.
I have a memory of a feeling that I used to have in my earlier days. I felt lost and found all at the same time. I used to look at the world with the eyes of innocence and mischief all wrapped together. You never really lose that part of yourself. As we get older we are always just a slightly different version of ourselves. I think that it is important to recognise this. Sometimes we lose sight of the path that we were meant to be on. But that is really just all part of the journey. Mistakes, risk’s, chances, fate, it’s really all just what draws the map that is our life. Sometimes it seems as though the only person that truly knows us is ourselves. We are the ones that are constantly alone with our thoughts. Some are good, some are unspeakable. Change is also really important for growth. I like the saying, if nothing changes, nothing changes.
I have felt at times in my life that I don’t like the person that I am, but for the most part, I don’t mind my own company. I like to think I have a lot of depth. I am a layered person. And that is ok. I am mostly happy with who I am.
We have to wade through the lies and the truth, the misconceptions, the alternate realities, the opportunities and the choices that we are faced with day to day. Our lives aren’t written in stone, they are up to us and us alone.
Dreams are important, but it is even more important to decipher which dreams to follow and which ones are best left alone…

No comments:

Post a Comment