Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A trip down memory lane

You know what I am talking about. You look at old photos, letters, emails, sms's or the like. It may paint a warm and fuzzy picture of what life used to be. It might remind you of something bad that you repressed. More often then not, I think we romantisize things in the past, because we can no longer see the full picture. We can no longer remember all the feelings we had, both good and bad.
It's nice to look fondly back on things, but I think it's important to not fall into the trap of 'things used to be better' We are where we are in our lives now for a reason. And we shouldn't be going backward, we should be going forward. The person that we used to be was a little bit younger, and a lot less wise (we hope) than we are now.
I am a different person now than I was 5 years ago at 21. I learnt a lot of lesson's between the ages of 18 and 23. It's crazy the ammount of growing up we do. I would like to say I think I am wise now, but the truth is, I always think I am wise, and I sure as hell wasn't 10 years ago and I'm sure in another 10 years time, I won't think I was wise at 26. It's all apart of the journey we embark on.

No comments:

Post a Comment