Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chosen

Feeling your way through the night. Not sure if you will

even make it out alive. You have to keep your eyes open and your breath even.

You have to keep your head screwed on and trust your instincts. You can’t be

wrong. Not even once. People are relying on you. There is no time to
contemplate the idea of self-sacrifice and what that even means.



You didn’t ask for this life. It was given to you. But you

weren’t cursed. You were chosen. For a reason. There is no time for questioning
what all this means.



Sometimes it is so confusing and the burden so large that it

stops you in your tracks. You can’t be selfish or think about yourself. Because
ultimately, it isn’t about you, and you know that.



But how do you feel? I want to know how you deal with it all.

How you keep a smile on your face when I am sure that you would rather be

screaming the heaven’s down. I wonder how it feels to not have the luxury of
being humble, vulnerable.



I wonder how you would have fared if you had of been given a

different life, different choices. What sort of person would you have been? I

know you feel as though there is no one that would catch you if you fell. You

feel as though you have to be the one to hold everyone’s sky up over them. I

admire you, pity you and love you all at the same time. You amaze me.
Constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment