Thursday, April 29, 2010

Take me back...

This takes me back to when I was 16. And I was in Hell. Lost in a world of hurt and confusion. My innocent heart smashed into a million pieces. Never to be repaired. Lost its innocence. I was lost. I didnt know what to do or where to go or how to make the pain go away. The first time your heart is broken waves wash over you and it feels like it would be more kind to just die...
You were the one that wrecked me and you were the only one that could put me back together. But you never could, really. It just felt that way. Now it seems a million years ago. Its fading away. It was someone else. In another time.
Maybe Ill feel that way in another 8 years...
I remember lying on the ground listening to life house. Holding my heart in my hands. All my tears had dried up and I wanted release, but there wasnt any. Its kind of like death... If I knew then, what I know now, it may not of hurt so much. But maybe it would of...
But we arent young anymore. And things are different. God what I would give to go back there for a little while. When I was young. And all i wanted to do was listen to music and break all the rules.
The world is moving around me and still, I stand still.

One day I'll talk to you about another kind of pain. And hopefully one day a full heart of happiness :)

1 comment:

  1. Babygirl, i went through the same thing...i was so heartbroken i had to leave my city, sign up for summer school in another city. So, i understand, but one thing my mama told me, she said "it won't be your first, nor your last", bottom line you will love and live again. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete