Sunday, March 27, 2011

Becoming someone we want to be...

We are all on a journey. There are ups and Downs in every one's life. Happiness is sometimes a choice... I find I am learning things every day. I am becoming more and more the person that I will be tomorrow. You choose how you are going to be.

To become the person we want to be takes a lot of work. And we can't do it on our own. We need someone to guide us. We have to make decisions to stay on the path that we need to be on every day. It's a constant struggle, but the rewards are worth it. There will always be people along the way, trying to tempt us and if we give in, we run the risk of falling behind on our journey and losing our way.
There are many people, that whether we know it or not, have helped us along the way. We might have looked at them and saw something we liked, or didn't like in them, or had a conversation that got us thinking about something fundamental, or something minor, that shifting our way of thinking, or helped us form an opinion about something. Everyone you meet in life has the potential to change your life. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but maybe one day... This being the case, we need to keep in mind that the opposite applies. We have the capability of impacting someones life. For good OR bad. I don't about you, but I want to be impacting people's lives in a positive way and hopefully get them thinking about God. You need to be true to yourself and true to what you believe.
I definitely have things I need to work on in my life. I need self control. In many aspects of my life.I need to know when to say something and when to bite my tongue. I need to find the balance between my nature (which is fight) and the other, which is flight.
My Dad has the gift of discernment. I could definitely use some help in this area. I am a trusting person and sometimes that means that I manage to let people take advantage of me. It's something that I have been faced with many times. But I don't want to let this dampen my spirits and prevent me from trusting in the future.
I also really could use some more patience. It's a hard thing to pray for sometimes because I know that God will probably be more than happy to teach me a lesson in this area. Ha ha!
Sometimes I think I am a good communicator and sometimes I think I could use some help in the area. I think there is room for improvement.
I strive to be a good partner, a good daughter, sister and friend. I think it is really important to love people and this is something that is usually easy for me. Although I would be lying if I said I didn't struggle with it sometimes... I know there is good in everybody and that Jesus loves everyone and what's good enough for my saviour is good enough for me. Although I am no where near perfect I think Jesus is a pretty good role model. The best one, in fact :-)
I need help in the motivation part as well. I usually get really fired up for something and then burn out too quickly. Maybe it's stamina I need. Not in the physical sense.
I wonder if anybody even reads this....
It's a good way for me to get some of the many many many thoughts inside my head out. So thanks for listening cyber space!

2 comments:

  1. I think consistency is one of the hardest things to obtain in life. It's easy to start out doing good, but the goal is to turn it into a lifestyle. But the great thing is that we have a forgiving God who will always be there to help us change people's lives for the better.

    ReplyDelete