Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 7: a Photo that makes you happy.




My Mum and Dad are my hero's. They make me happy! My Dad grew up in Bega on a dairy farm, he joined the police force at a very young age, he was sworn in on his 19th birthday. He did a bit of travelling oversea's with the police. To Canada, Papua New Guinea, The Solomon Island's etc. He had a heart attack in 1992, whilst being Chief Inspector in the Goulburn station. He then moved into teaching at The Police Academy, where he remained for just under 10 years, before having a stroke and obviously feeling the urgency to retire for his health.
Mum grew up in Lane Cove in Sydney. Her father was a mechanic and she had 5 brothers and sisters. She has always had an amazing heart and she is one of the most beautiful people in this world. She went to Teachers College in Goulburn (and hated Goulburn and never wanted to go back there!) She met Dad in a shared house in Sydney. He was her Youth Group leader :-) Dad proposed to her by saying 'Let's pray about getting married' and about a year later they were married and had the reception in her parents back yard in Lane Cove. They lived in Bowral and then moved back to Sydney to Baulkham Hills, where I was born. Mum likes to tell me that the hospital was having a 'special' on having babies. It makes me feel very special lol.
When I was either weeks old, we moved to Goulburn. Mum was a teacher and Dad was a policeman. They stayed in Goulburn for 17 years before packing up and moving to Queensland, where they have been ever since. I love my mum and dad and could not have asked for better parents :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment