Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 8 - A photo that makes you angry or sad




My beautiful Nephew Beau. This photo makes me more happy/sad. I could say it makes me angry because he was taken too soon from us, but anger is a useless emotion. Beau was the most perfect little man. He only lived to 10 months old, but in that time he had a profound impact of not only my life, but people all over the world. He had a genetic disease called SMA Spinal Muscular Astrophy. I won't go into the details of the disease, but it is the number one genetic killer of children under two and if you don't know much about it then I strongly suggest you go to our friend's website http://www.smaaustralia.org.au/ and have a look.
Beau was really special to me and he always will be. He had great personality and when he smiled he seriously did just light up the whole world. I miss him a lot. And think about him often. He would have been 3 this year and it kills me that he isn't here...
This was the last photo of him and I together on my last trip up to see him before he went to live with Jesus. I had a very special time with him. I was spinning my finger around and making noises and then when I got close to him, he would reach out and touch my finger. Which wasn't easy for him to do. It will always be a memory that I hold very very close, for the rest of my life.
Love you little man...
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment